To participate in the School Readiness (SR) program, a provider must meet each of the following requirements:
- Must complete the provider eligibility process and have an executed SR Contract with the Coalition
- Be legally operating (current/valid, child care license, registration, exemption, etc.)
- Use appropriate sign-in/out procedure to document attendance for all SR funded children
- Use of approved developmental appropriate curriculum with a character development program that aligns with Florida’s Early Learning and Developmental Standards
- Comply with the process for child screening and child assessment as outlined by the Coalition
- Must agree to receive payment for services via direct deposit
Child care partners are a key component to the successful implementation of this valuable program. Each provider wishing to offer SR services must attend a New Provider Orientation, submit the required paperwork to the Coalition or its designee, and receive an onsite visit to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
Once a provider is determined eligible and a School Readiness Health and Safety Inspection has been completed by the Department of Children and Families (DCF), with no violations, then the SR contract will be signed and executed between the provider and the Coalition.