Am I eligible for Services?
Children in the school readiness program are given the foundation for not only educational but for life-long success because they are taught the basics of self-care and self-management. The children, who are younger than kindergarten age, develop the social and emotional skills that enable them to take instruction, make friends, express thoughts, and cope with frustration.
All families that apply for the School Readiness program can receive information on choosing a childcare provider and child care provider listings through Child Care Resource and Referral services.
Benefits of the School Readiness program:
- Prepares young children to start kindergarten.
- Helps working families afford quality early care.
- Keeps parents working and/or continuing an education.
- Helps families become financially independent.
The Florida Office of Early Learning controls the reimbursement of funds, the Early Learning Coalition of Osceola County provides this assistance to Central Florida families.
- Parents(s) or guardian(s) must be working and/or attending school (college or trade) at least 20 hours a week OR disabled, as determined and documented by a licensed physician.
- Gross income must be at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level for family size.
- Families must pay a copayment for child care costs (based on income and family size).
School Readiness funds are intended to help income-eligible families. But they may also include recipients of temporary cash assistance who meet federal work requirements; families with at-risk children of abuse, neglect or abandonment; homeless parents, parents who are victims of domestic violence; teenage parents; low-income migrant families or farm workers; or families of children with disabilities and special health care needs.
Learn How to Apply
Watch these videos to learn how to open a Florida Office of Early Learning Family Portal account and how to complete a School Readiness application.
- Video: How to Register for Account
- Video: School Readiness Application
- Video: How to Complete your School Readiness Enrollment
Important Self-Service Links
- Employment Verification Form rev7.22
- Residency-Age Verification Form rev7.22
- Cash Employment Log rev7.22
- Cash Employment Log Notarized Statement 11.22
- Self Employment Income Log rev7.22
- Self-Employment Notarization Statement rev7.22
- Notarized Statement rev7.22
- Declaration of Voluntary or Mandated Child Support rev7.22
- Physician’s Disability Statement rev7.22